Wednesday, April 20, 2011

MoHawks!!!

In my post on April 7, I was braggin about Tyler and how much of a competitor he is, and how I love to watch him pitch.  He's taking a couple weeks off, due to his UCL not wanting to stay attached to his ulna.  Soooo, he is shutting it down, his hope is to be back on the bump dominating soon.  I hope he will be able to, but that ligament is really important -- soooo, who knows?

Anyways this weekend we traveled to the windy city.. and it did not disappoint.  It was windy, cold, miserable weather.  Saturday's double header was pushed back to Sunday, and Sunday's to Monday.  Sunday is was chilly, but Monday it was FREEEEEZING.  The boys went 3-1 against Lewis this weekend.  And Tyler was the player of the week!! WHoooooHoooo..  The MoHawk faves have been tearing up the diamond.  Choate with the bat and Vance with his glove.  It's fun to watch!!



This weekend I kinda realized the difference between my boys and the rest of the people we play.  Now this may seem like I'm bragging again on them, but that's not the case.. This is truly what I see.  USI baseball players are constantly reminded that they need to have a plan every single pitch, they need an approach, they need to be ready to go.  From the time they take the field, they have a desire to win.  They are reminded to not lose focus and to stay within themselves.  I think this is what makes them successful.  Coaches don't want them to "do to much" just to do the job they need to do at the time. And it's really fun watching them play and do their job to win.  This weekend it was like Men playing against boys.  I think my team is much different from so many teams in our league, our philosophy and attitude is different.  The desire to be the best shows through and my team wants to be back to Cary.

Yesterday we traveled to Owensboro for a double header against KWC.  Choate was still continuing the be the man with a hot bat and Bradley has just been making some phenomenal plays on defense.  He is simply amazing to watch.  We split yesterday at KWC, in a direct quote from one of the boys, whom shal remain nameless "Our bull pin BLOWS"... hmmmm.

Anyways the boys are 25-11 and ranked 15th in the nation.  Only a few weeks left of the regular season.  I'm excited to see what post season plans these turds are going to come up with!! I do know that right now I LOVE their front short mohawks... LOVE them like crazy!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment